Biology + Evolution + Geography = BioGeography
Very exciting blend of geography, evolution, biology and history.
- Join us to explore the Pacific region and its amazing biodiversity.
- We will visit the islands of New Guinea, Sumatra, Philippines, and Hawaii.
- In New Guinea we will find out how unique is its flora. Focus on orchids, lichens, moss. Review photosynthesis :).
- In Sumatra we will look closely at Orangutans and review the 5 big apes.
- How does Sumatran rhino differ from its African cousin?
- What are the specifics of animal development in an island environment?
- We will look at the islands of Hawaii, how they formed, how long in existence, flora and fauna, including dangerous invertebrates in surrounding waters.
- We will also talk about animals that migrate in the pacific like Leatherback turtles.
This class is best for kids who love nature and history.
All classes are taught in English. 3p Tues - Zoom Apr 20,27, May 4,11,18,25, Jun 1,8,15 / 9 classes **SOLD OUT 4:30p Tues - Outdoors Apr 20,27, May 4,11,18,25, Jun 1,8,15 / 9 classes / 3 spots left 4p Fri - Outdoors Apr 9,16,23,30, May 7,14,21, Jun 4,11 / 9 classes **SOLD OUT
** Zoom classes tuition 9 lessons /$180 / 60 min each
** In-person classes tuition 9 classes/ $315 / 90 min each