Journalism for Pre-Teens Age 10-12
Cost $180 for 6 classes
Our goal for this class is to get the children to express themselves eloquently, confidently and succinctly, to get their point across. We will do as much public speaking as possible, as well as weekly research and/or writing. The children will learn:
– what is journalism and what is an opinion
– difference between broadcast and print journalism
– how to pitch and research a story
– story confirmation, how do you get it? how many sources do you need?
– how to conduct an interview and write an article
– stories will be ecology/conservation/science/nutrition/art based.
Professional journalist with 21 years of experience in broadcast journalism. Worked both managing international bureaus, as well as leading teams in the field, including in Iraq in 2003.